Competition:Closed for the 2020-2021 year that is academic
Whom is applicable: Canadian organizations
NOTE : Only institutions that are canadian submit applications on the behalf of prospects. They could elect to set their interior deadline to receive supporting documents.
Description: The rising Leaders into the Americas Program (ELAP) scholarships offer pupils from Latin America and also the Caribbean with short-term trade possibilities for study or research, in Canada, during the university, undergraduate and levels that are graduate.
- Value and duration
- Key times
The Emerging Leaders when you look at the Americas Program (ELAP) scholarships are facilitated through institutional collaborations and pupil change agreements between Canadian and Latin American or institutions that are caribbean. These agreements are manufactured between universities, technical or institutions that are vocational universities. Pupils, hereby described as «candidates», should be registered as full-time pupils inside their house organization during the time of application and through the duration that is entire of research or research stay static in Canada.
Canadian post-secondary organizations
Canadian organizations are:
- accountable for publishing applications on the behalf of qualified prospects from institutions in Latin America therefore the Caribbean; and
- Encouraged to promote this scholarship opportunity to staff and faculty people, in addition to to partner organizations in Latin America plus the Caribbean.
Canadian organizations with effective candidates:
- should determine a person that is single when it comes to management associated with the contribution contract and another individual with delegated signing authority; and
- will get share capital from worldwide Affairs Canada to disburse as scholarships to recipients.
Prospects enthusiastic about this scholarship system should contact their property organization to:
- make their attention known;
- determine if there was a preexisting institutional collaboration or trade contract by having a Canadian institution; and
- demand information regarding the applying procedure and selection criteria particular towards the institution that is canadian offer any extra information, such as for instance transcripts, language test outcomes, an investigation task and an enrollment kind for an trade system.
Chosen prospects ought to:
- make certain that they match the demands regarding the institution that is canadian educational needs and language proficiency;
- submit their visa application as soon as possible and stick to the procedures of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada as reported by the institution that is canadiangenerally speaking a report license is required for program work and a work license is necessary for research);
- initiate the process for the transfer of credits with their house organization just as his or her Canadian courses have actually been identified; and
- contact alumni regarding the system through their house organization for advice and a neighborhood viewpoint on the scholarship experience.
NOTE: Students are anticipated to return to perform their studies at their house organizations upon conclusion of this scholarship duration.
Non-Canadian organizations ought to:
- talk to partner institutions in Canada to ensure or explore institutional collaborations and pupil change agreements;
- market this scholarship possibility through their offices that are international
- determine strong educational applicants whom meet up with the admission needs for the Canadian partner organization;
- offer the applicants’ papers to your Canadian partner organization, which will be accountable for publishing the scholarship applications; and
- propose to selected candidates to get extra linguistic training, educational upgrading and social preparedness before their departure.
Scholarship value and extent
Funding for ELAP scholarships is manufactured available by worldwide Affairs Canada through its appropriate name: the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD).
The Canadian organization will get financing from DFATD for many effective applicants in the shape of a contribution contract and will be accountable for supplying the funds to scholarship recipients.
The scholarship value differs with regards to the period and degree of research. The scholarship value for pupils is:
- CAD 7,200 for university, undergraduate or graduate pupils (Master’s and PhD) for at the least four months or one term that is academic of or research; or
- CAD 9,700 for graduate pupils (Master’s and PhD) for a time period of five to 6 months of research or study.
In addition to the funds allotted to the recipients by DFATD, the Canadian host organization might also claim CAD 500 per scholarship receiver to aid with administrative expenses after the scholarship receiver comes in Canada.
- visa and/or study/work license costs;
- airfare, when it comes to scholarship receiver just, to Canada by the many direct and route that is economical return airfare upon conclusion associated with scholarship;
- medical insurance;
- bills, such as for instance accommodation, resources and meals;
- ground public transportation, including a transportation that is public; and
- publications and materials needed for the recipientвЂ™s research or research, excluding computer systems along with other equipment.
re re Payment procedure
Susceptible to the conditions and terms for the Contribution Agreement, financing should be disbursed by a cheque released towards the institution that is canadian getting the next papers:
- the Contribution Agreement finalized by both the designated authority during the institution that is canadian the designated authority at DFATD; and
- a cashflow Statement submitted by the institution that is canadian coincide utilizing the arrival associated with the scholarship recipients to Canada.